Safeguarding at Petts Hill
Staff and Governors at Petts Hill Primary are aware that many children are the victims of different kinds of abuse and that they can be subjected to social factors that have an adverse impact upon their lives – including domestic violence, substance misuse, bullying, mental health and radicalisation.
We also acknowledge that safeguarding incidents could happen anywhere and staff should be alert to possible concerns arising. All staff undergo regular training to ensure their knowledge is up to date and that they are vigilant in observing and reporting issues of concern.
Through our curriculum we teach children to stay safe and happy. We encourage the understanding that any problem or worry that they may have is legitimate, and to share their worries, big or small with their trusted adult; at home; school or with Child Line.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Valerie Upton Head Teacher
- Deputy DSL – Katherine Flewitt, Deputy Teacher
- Place 2Be Project manager – Gwendolyn Rowlands
- Safeguarding Governor – Zahra Bawab
- Chair of Governors – Mark Wild
If you need help and support outside of school hours or see something that concerns you about a child or family, you may contact the following organisations:
- Ealing Children’s Integrated Response Service (ECIRS) 0208 825 8000
- NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) 0808 800 500
- Child line 0800 1111
- Women’s Aid 0808 2000 24