Sports Pupil Premium
Since September 2013 the government have been allocating funding directly to primary schools to support the provision of quality P.E./sport. Each school receives £8, 000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year. At Petts Hill that will mean around £9, 050 a year. It's important that we use this money wisely, especially as the majority of the P.E. support we previously received from high schools will cease..
At Petts Hill Primary School we aim to give every child the opportunity to enjoy and develop their physical and sporting ability as well as learning more about developing a healthy life style. So, in order to get best value and maximum impact for our children, we plan to use the money to:
- Improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality P.E. lessons across the school by joining Willow Tree Sports Partnership Bronze level with Gold top up. We feel that this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school. Teachers will be supported by specialist P.E. teachers to work alongside Petts Hill teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in P.E.;
- To give children the opportunity to compete against children from other schools in a variety of borough wide competitions;
- Increase our after school sports clubs to give every child in KS2 the opportunity to join a sports club for the year.
- To attain the School Games Award working towards gold level award by meeting their increased sporting criteria
- The teaching of good, regular P.E. and the provision of a wide range of clubs and activities which include competitive activities is key to the delivery. We aim to be acknowledged as delivering outstanding P.E. and sport for all of our pupils..