Current Ofsted Report
Information about this Inspection - September 2012
Two additional Inspectors observed a total of 16 lessons, seeing every teacher and going into each class twice. This accounted for eight hours of inspection time,
- They listened to pupils reading and looked in detail at samples of work from every class.
- Meetings were held with school leaders, the Vice-Chair of the Governing Body, a representative from the local authority, teachers and pupils. The views of staff, as recorded in the staff questionnaire, were taken into account.
- The views of parents were gathered from discussions, a recent survey undertaken by the school and from the 10 responses recorded on the Parent View website.
- A range of documents covering teaching programmes, schemes of work, pupil progress data and a range of policies and procedures were scrutinised, including those for safeguarding.
To view the full report, which is a large PDF document, please follow the link below. The report will open in a new window.
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils.
- Achievement has improved rapidly and is now good. Disabled pupils and those with special educational needs get effective and targeted support in making good progress.
- Teaching is good, some is outstanding. Teachers record the progress of their pupils every half term. Pupils enjoy learning and respond well to teachers’ high expectations.
- Elements of the curriculum are outstanding, especially the creative curriculum with learning through themes. Pupils enjoy working this way, which supports good progress.
- Pupils, staff and parents all agree that pupils are safe. Pupils get on very well together, so bullying is very rare and behaviour is good. Attendance is average, but many pupils attend very well.
- The school’s leadership focuses on helping all pupils to do their best. Teachers are held to account for their work and given good support in improving their skills. Governors support the school well and have played a positive part in the improvements in teaching and achievement secured by leaders since the last inspection.