London Healthy School Awards
Health & Well-being
Petts Hill Primary School has a long standing commitment to supporting all our children to adopt healthy lifestyles. We work hard to help children stay healthy and happy as they grow up. Being healthy, safe, cared for, having a voice and influence are fundamental prerequisites to being 'ready to learn' and achieving true potential. In this context we realise what happens at school every day is really important. So that we continue to work on developing our provision for health and well-being; we use the healthy schools work, now Health Schools London, to run projects and continually review our provision to be the best it can be.
We are proud to have gained the bronze and silver and gold Healthy Schools London Awards. The bronze award is renewed biennially, and was renewed in July 2016. The gold award was achieved in January 2017.
Our Healthy Schools work covers four themes
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Personal Social Health and Economic Education (PSHE)
- Emotional health and wellbeing
The project that we worked on to attain the Gold Award involved us in educating children about good dental hygiene
- Children have all had a visit from a dental nurse and been taught about good oral health
- Children all are supported in cleaning their teeth daily during the school day
- Children have been encouraged to drink more water especially at lunchtime instead of sugary drinks.